Boletín semanal de ofertas de empleo publico
Institución:FISABIO-University Hospital Dr. Peset
We are looking for a candidate for the Santiago Grisolía call in PhD training of the Generalitat Valenciana. The main line of research of the group is the study of mitochondrial function and endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress in conditions of insulin resistance. Our research laboratory is part of the service of Endocrinology at the University Hospital Doctor Peset, and belongs to the Foundation for the Promotion of Health and Biomedical Research in the Valencian Region (FISABIO). Dr. Victor Manuel Victor is an expert in the field of oxidative stress, ER stress and mitochondrial dysfunction in metabolic diseases such as type 2 diabetes. The research group has extensive experience in the subject, current projects and large number of articles in journals of recognized international prestige.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
1. To possess a university degree by a non-Spanish institution in the field of science and have completed the studies after January 1, 2013.
2. To have Spanish or English oral skills.
3. Not be in possession of the title of doctor (PhD degree).
4. Not having enjoyed a Santiago Grisolía contract.
The candidate will join the Group of Dr Victor M Victor to:
- Carry out the doctoral thesis in the field of type 2 diabetes.
- Management of techniques: isolation of leukocytes from whole blood, real time PCR, western blotting, fluorescence microscopy, cell cultures, evaluation of various molecules in serum using X-MAP technology.
- Management of different biochemical and anthropometric parameters in clinical databases of patients.
- Evaluation of mitochondrial oxygen consumption by an oxygen electrode.
- Statistical analysis using SPSS. Parametric tests: t-test, ANOVA, linear model, Pearson correlation, as well as non-parametric analysis: Mann Whitney U, Kruskal Wallis, and Spearman's correlation.
- Presentation of seminars, and support articles, projects, reports, presentations, etc.
Experience in the aforementioned techniques and research topics will be positively evaluated.
Información complementaria de la oferta:
Laboratorio de Investigación en Endocrinología
Consultas Externas Hospital U. Dr. Peset
C/Juan de Garay 19-21 sótano
46017 VALENCIA (SPAIN)