Boletín semanal de ofertas de empleo publico
Institución:Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya
The Communication Technologies Division at CTTC invites applications for one Researcher position. The successful applicant should have a degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related field. Holding a PhD it is necessary. The work starting date is flexible.
The position is associated with the IoSense project, funded from the Electronic Component Systems for European Leadership Joint Undertaking under grant agreement No 692480. This Joint Undertaking receives support from the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme and Germany, Netherlands, Slovakia, Spain, Austria. The research activities of the project include the design and evaluation of new communication schemes and architectures for the Internet of Things.
The tasks of the selected candidate will be to:
• Become a member of the research team of the project
• Carry out research activities associated to the project
• Propose innovative distributed and centralized (cloud) IoT architectures
• Investigate the potential benefits of cooperative communications in IoT
• Integrate the concept of energy harvesting on the design of novel Medium Access Control (MAC) protocols for Wireless Sensor Networks
• Model the performance of dense WSNs with wireless energy harvesting capabilities
• Carry out research on the seamless coexistence of IoT with 5G wireless technologies
• Study and assess various applications with different requirements (e.g., smart grid, eHealth, etc.) in IoT scenarios
• Work with the project team for the implementation of the proposed techniques in the IoTWorld Testbed at CTTC (http://iotworld.cttc.es)
• Support the team members in the preparation of the reports of the project
• Participate in dissemination activities of the project, including technical papers to be submitted to international conferences and peer-reviewed journals
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful applicant should have a PhD degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related field. Upon successful completion of the fixed-term contract, a renewal might be considered depending on the achieved performance and the available funding opportunities by that time.
• Outstanding oral and writing English skills
• Excellent publication record in top scientific peer-reviewed journals (e.g., IEEE Transactions and Magazines)
• Knowledge of networking fundamentals and wireless protocols, especially in the medium access control (MAC) and network layer
• Strong background on energy efficient wireless communications, focusing on the field of Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs)
• Expertise in new techniques and concepts that leverage the implementation of IoT solutions, including cooperative communications, network coding and energy harvesting
• Good analytical skills and knowledge of game theory and stochastic modeling
• Knowledge of IoT, M2M and cloud architectures
• Very good programming skills in C/C++ and MATLAB
• Effective verbal and written communication skills, and ability to work in an international team
• Hands-on experience on wireless sensor network testbeds
• Familiarization with cross-layer network design
• Experience in potential IoT applications, such as smart grid and eHealth
• Prior research experience in academia or industry
• Career distinctions
• Experience in leading and/or participating in the preparation of scientific publications
• Experience in students supervision
The successful applicant would have to work autonomously and be an excellent team player.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
A full-time fixed term, for 2 years, contract aligned with the duration-frame of the IoSense project. The starting date is flexible from mid-July 2016 to the beginning of January 2017. The rank and salary will be determined according to qualifications and work experience. The salary will be in the range between 36.000 and 42.000 euro (gross per year).
Applications should include:
• Full CV, including a list of publications and name (email address, etc) of three referees
• Transcript of all modules and results from university-level courses taken
• Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate
Apply for the position here: http://www.cttc.es/career/researcher-position-in-the-communication-technologies-division-4/
CTTC is particularly interested in candidates with good balance of academic qualifications and know-how in their field of knowledge and possibilities to take up the work with a flexible starting date. The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application. No applications received by email will be taken consideration for the position.
The deadline for applications is June 30, 2016, but the deadline might be postponed if the position is not filled by that time. Applications will be considered and evaluated on receipt, therefore applying before the deadline is encouraged. For further information, please contact email@example.com.
Información complementaria de la oferta:
CTTC seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. CTTC is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.
About CTTC – www.cttc.cat
The CTTC is an advanced research center on Information Technologies, Communications and Geomatics, based in Castelldefels (Barcelona). Current research divisions include Communication Networks, Communication Systems, Communication Technologies and Geomatics.
CTTC staff is multidisciplinary and international and has a strong record of participation in European, national and industrial projects. The CTTC is based in the Mediterranean Park of Technology in Castelldefels (Spain), at only 30
minutes, by public transport, from Barcelona city centre. The Park provides excellent conditions for conducting focused research and additional facilities like a Campus Residency for workers and students.