Boletín semanal de ofertas de empleo publico
IRB Barcelona is a world-class research centre devoted to understanding fundamental questions about human health and disease. It was founded in October 2005 by the Government of Catalonia (Generalitat de Catalunya) and the University of Barcelona (UB), and is located at the Barcelona Science Park (Parc Científic de Barcelona).
The Institute's missions include conducting multidisciplinary research of excellence at the unique interface between biology, chemistry and medicine, providing high-level training in the biomedical sciences to staff, students and visitors, driving innovation through active technology transfer to the benefit of society, and actively participating in an open dialogue with the public through a series of engagement and education activities.
IRB Barcelona seeks
The Bioinformatics / Biostatistics Unit collaborates with the IRB Barcelona community in the design and analysis of their experiments, either in vivo, in vitro or in silico. The unit is also committed to providing a competitive advantage by developing tailored solutions and conducting methodological research. We have an outstanding record of publications in high impact journals and offer a unique environment for practicing the most exciting science.
Check our video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klm8JzQgiWg
The Bioinformatics / Biostatistics Manager is seeking a Senior Research Officer with expertise in statistics, gene signatures, survival analysis and general topics in biostatistics.
- Provide expertise in biological data analysis: search and validation of gene signatures from in-house and public databases. Survival analysis.
Processing and analysis of sequencing data such as ChipSeq, AtacSeq, Ribosome profiling.
- Assess the availability and usage of public bioinformatics databases such as TCGA and GEO.
Provide statistics support to the IRB community and members of the facility.
- Develop new methodology and tools for the optimal analysis of data generated within the IRB.
Must Have – Required
- Experience: A PhD degree or 5 years of research experience in Statistics, Computational Biology, Biostatistics or a related discipline.
Knowledge: Strong programming skills in R. Solid statistics background.
- Skills: Good level of English and communication skills.
- Experience: Experience in gene expression, survival analysis, gene signatures.
- Knowledge: Other programming languages such as C, Perl and bash.
How to apply:
Applications for the above opening should include CV, at least one letter of recommendation and motivation letter and should be sent by e-mail to: email@example.com Reference: CF/16/05
Status: Open Positions
Deadline: Monday, January 30, 2017
Información complementaria de la oferta: