Boletín semanal de ofertas de empleo publico
Institución:Institut Catala d'Oncologia, IDIBELL
- Ph.D. in cellular/molecular biology, bioinformatics, biochemistry, biotechnology, genetics, or related disciplines,
- Medical doctor with specialization (MIR)
Requirements and expertise:
- Excellent publication record in the last 5 years (2011-2016)
- Experience in cell engineering, genetic manipulation of cell lines (CRISPR/Cas9) and cancer genetics
- English proficiency
- Previous participation in funded research projects
- International mobility will be positively valued
- EU citizens or of any nationality with current/active work permit (Spain)
Información complementaria de la oferta:
The candidate will have the opportunity to initiate and conduct research within the Hereditary Cancer Program of the Institut Català d'Oncologia, IDIBELL [Program Director: Gabriel Capellá; Principal Investigators: Gabriel Capellá, Conxi Lázaro, Marta Pineda and Laura Valle].
The overarching goal of our group is to gain insight into the molecular basis of hereditary cancer, to personalize risk assessment to patients and relatives, as well as to individualize management regarding follow-up, treatment and prophylactic measures. Our multidisciplinary group includes basic researchers, clinicians, genetic counselors in familial cancer and laboratory technicians, facilitating fully comprehensive studies, data analysis, access to the patients and samples, and the translation of the obtained results to the clinics and genetic counseling.
Successful candidates will join a dynamic, young and well equipped research group with strong interactions and multidisciplinary research. The group offers a stimulating research atmosphere and an environment in which collaboration and exchange of ideas and techniques is actively encouraged with a strong commitment to research which provides a lively and stimulating environment for young talents.
In the last years we have contributed in a highly relevant manner to the identification of novel hereditary cancer genes, the molecular and clinical characterization of new familial cancer syndromes and to the molecular characterization of tumors. Moreover, our group has pioneered the implementation of multi-gene panels in the routine genetic diagnostics of hereditary cancer.
Our group is currently funded by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness, Carlos III National Health Institute, Scientific Foundation Asociación Española Contra el Cáncer (stable groups) and CIBER Cancer.
Representative publications of the Program:
• Comprehensive establishment and characterization of orthoxenograft mouse models of malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumors for personalized medicine. Castellsagué J, Gel B, Fernández-Rodríguez J, Llatjós R, Blanco I, Benavente Y, Pérez-Sidelnikova D, García-Del Muro J, Viñals JM, Vidal A, Valdés-Mas R, Terribas E, López-Doriga A, Pujana MA, Capellá G, Puente XS, Serra E, Villanueva A, Lázaro C. EMBO Molecular Medicine. 2015 Mar 25;7(5):608-27.
• Germline Mutations in FAN1 Cause Hereditary Colorectal Cancer by Impairing DNA Repair. Seguí N, Mina LB, Lázaro C, Sanz-Pamplona R, Pons T, Navarro M, Bellido F, López-Doriga A, Valdés-Mas R, Pineda M, Guinó E, Vidal A, Soto JL, Caldés T, Durán M, Urioste M, Rueda D, Brunet J, Balbín M, Blay P, Iglesias S, Garré P, Lastra E, Sánchez-Heras AB, Valencia A, Moreno V, Pujana MÁ, Villanueva A, Blanco I, Capellá G, Surrallés J, Puente XS, Valle L. Gastroenterology. 2015 Sep;149(3):563-6.
• Application of a 5-tiered scheme for standardized classification of 2,360 unique mismatch repair gene variants in the InSiGHT locus-specific database. Thompson BA, Spurdle AB, Plazzer JP, Greenblatt MS, Akagi K, Al-Mulla F, Bapat B, Bernstein I, Capellá G, den Dunnen JT, du Sart D, Fabre A, Farrell MP, Farrington SM, Frayling IM, Frebourg T, Goldgar DE, Heinen CD, Holinski-Feder E, Kohonen-Corish M, Robinson KL, Leung SY, Martins A, Moller P, Morak M, Nystrom M, Peltomaki P, Pineda M, Qi M, Ramesar R, Rasmussen LJ, Royer-Pokora B, Scott RJ, Sijmons R, Tavtigian SV, Tops CM, Weber T, Wijnen J, Woods MO, Macrae F, Genuardi M; InSiGHT. Nature Genetics. 2014 Feb;46(2):107-15.
The selected candidate will apply for next call (October 2016) of the Instrumental Action for the Incorporation of Researchers and Technicians of the Pla Estrategic de Recerca i Innovació en Salut (Health Department of the Catalan Government).
To apply, please send a cover letter containing a statement of research interest and experience (pdf), a CV (pdf) and names and contact information for three researchers that are familiar with you and with your work to Laura Valle [email: firstname.lastname@example.org]
Review of applications will start immediately.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario