Boletín semanal de ofertas de empleo publico
Institución:ICCRAM-Universidad de Burgos
ICCRAM-University of Burgos (Spain) has a PostDoc vacancy related to the design, characterization, and modeling of High Entropy Alloys, Super alloys and Nanostructured stable alloys
Under the most competitive and prestigious scientific call within the H2020 looking for highly risk, forefront
technologies, ICCRAM coordinates at EU level the FET-OPEN project ICARUS – GA- 713514. ICARUS proposes a new methodology to discover new nanocrystalline tailored alloys, capable of exhibit incredible response and self-healing properties under extreme conditions. Results of ICARUS will be tested and innovated in first line industries under the support of the European Space Agency.
The Excellence Research Center ICCRAM (http://wwww.ubu.es/iccram) has a 24 month PostDoc vacancy for the design, characterization, molecular and thermodynamical modeling of a next generation of
multicomponent alloys The candidate will be involved in thermodynamical design of multicomponent alloys, targeting a high temperature stable nanostructure, with the aim of creating a new generation of super alloys with superior thermomechanical resistance, thermal shock resistance, radiation resistance and mechanical performance and durability.
The PostDoc candidate will be integrated in the H2020-FETOPEN-2014-2015-ICARUS-GA-713514,collaborating with scientists across Europe.
We are looking for highly motivated, ambitious and talented PostDoc researchers. The selected candidate will be based at the Excellence Research Center ICCRAM in Burgos, Spain, possibly performing research stays at the
University of Cagliari, Italy, and the University of Miskolc, Hungary.
Candidates must have a PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field. The working
language will be English, although knowledge of the Spanish language is desirable.
Experience and interest in the following will be positively valued:
• Thermodynamic modeling of alloys (i.e. CalPhad method).
• Experience in molecular/multiscale modelling of materials (FEM, MD, DFT, kMC or similar), and computer programming skills will be also considered.- Previous experience of participation in EUprojects, with deliverables responsibility will be taken into account.
• Have an excellent level and record of publications on DFT and ab-initio calculations. Particular expertise in magnetic materials will be highly valuable. Computational methods (e.g. Finite Element Methods, Finite Difference Methods).
• Excellent numerical programming skills (e.g. C/C++, Fortran, Python, Matlab).
• Multi-scale modeling (Finite Element/Difference, meso-scale modeling, molecular dynamics).
• Capacity to work in a team, flexibility, willing to carry out international research stays and research
motivation and enthusiasm.
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
• Broad experience, published articles, participation in European projects.
Información complementaria de la oferta:
Postdoctoral contract with an annual gross income of €30.000-€35.000 dependent on the candidate's experience.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES, SEND YOUR CV TO: