Boletín semanal de ofertas de empleo publico
Advanced development of inorganic salts as thermal energy storage (TES) materials for concentrated solar power (CSP) application.
CIC Energigune is an energy research centre based in the Basque Country of Spain. The mission of CIC Energigune is to play a leading role on the international stage in the field of energy storage technologies and contribute to the industrial competitiveness of Basque Country.
The thermal energy storage group of CIC Energigune is focused on the research of different classes of materials for medium and high temperatures thermal energy storage application. The goal is to identify the most promising materials for a future application in concentrated solar power plants and in industrial waste heat recovery.
We are now inviting applications for a Postdoctoral position in the group of materials development and characterization of Thermal Energy Storage area.
Project description and job functions:
Thermal energy storage (TES) systems offer promising solutions to the world's energy problem. TES systems help to extend the power generation during low irradiance periods or at night allowing the decoupling of the solar radiation and electricity production times. Currently, the TES technologies are mainly based on sensible heat storage in the double tank concept using inorganic salts as storage media. Developing of new salt mixtures and enhancing the thermophysical properties of these inorganic salts can largely improve the thermodynamic cycle efficiency of the TES system and consequently achieving a significant electricity cost reduction. Moreover, recent development of graphite foams with high bulk thermal conductivities has led to several investigations on using them for improving the thermal performance of low thermal conductivity PCM materials such as inorganic salts to extend their use for latent heat storage (LHS).
We are inviting applications for a Postdoctoral position in the group of materials development and characterization. Preference will be given to candidates with extensive hands-on experience in the development, synthesis and characterization of porous ceramic, inorganic and carbon materials. The main role of the selected candidate will be:
• Development of new micro- and meso-porous inorganic materials,
• Development of new carbon foams by using temple method,
• Optimization of synthesis variable to adjust the structural and thermophysical properties of developed materials,
• Physicochemical characterisation of the prepared materials.
• Development of new composite materials (inorganic salts – porous materials) with enhanced thermophysical properties such as specific heat, latent heat and thermal conductivity, etc.
• Structural characterisation of the developed composite materials,
• Determination of theirs relevant thermophysical properties: specific heat, thermal diffusivity and conductivity, thermal expansion, viscosity, etc.
• Corrosion study between the developed materials and the materials mainly used in the construction of the storage tanks (Carbon and Stainless steels).
• Collaboration in project proposal writing to obtain funding from institutions and industrial sources.
• Supervise graduate/master students and technicians.
We are offering
• We are offering a 36 months position within interesting Industrial, National, European and International projects in the field of thermal energy storage and important opportunities for professional development.
• CIC Energigune offers a competitive basic salary augmented by important benefits such as special conditions for a private health insurance that compare favourably with the best global private and public institutions.
• The "Fundación" will also help smooth the transition for you and your family, providing a welcome programme that offers accommodation and addresses of other aspects to help you integrate into the local environment.
We are looking for
• Ph.D. in materials science, or related fields
• Expertise in the development, synthesis and characterization of porous materials.
• Experience in experimental work using different characterization techniques such as X-ray diffraction, SEM/TEM, DSC/TGA, IR-FTIR, thermal conductivity, dilatometer, viscometer, porosimetry, densitometer, etc.
• A team player who can collaborate with other groups, technical centres, and industries
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English
Información complementaria de la oferta:
All applicants are invited to submit detailed curriculum vitae and 2 reference letters at www.cicenergigune.com.
The selection process ends once a candidate is selected.
CIC Energigune is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.