Boletín semanal de ofertas de empleo publico
IRB Barcelona is a world-class research centre devoted to understanding fundamental questions about human health and disease. It was founded in October 2005 by the Government of Catalonia (Generalitat de Catalunya) and the University of Barcelona (UB), and is located at the Barcelona Science Park (Parc Científic de Barcelona).
The Institute's missions include conducting multidisciplinary research of excellence at the unique interface between biology, chemistry and medicine, providing high-level training in the biomedical sciences to staff, students and visitors, driving innovation through active technology transfer to the benefit of society, and actively participating in an open dialogue with the public through a series of engagement and education activities.
IRB Barcelona seeks
The Bioinformatics / Biostatistics Unit collaborates with the IRB Barcelona community in the design and analysis of their experiments, either in vivo, in vitro or in silico. The unit is also committed to providing a competitive advantage by developing tailored solutions and conducting methodological research. We have an outstanding record of publications in high impact journals and offer a unique environment for practicing the most exciting science.
The Bioinformatics / Biostatistics Manager is seeking a Junior Research Officer to participate in data analysis and methodology development for very diverse data types and research projects.
- Provide support in biological data analysis: process and analyze data from diverse platforms such as microarrays, next generation sequencing, methylation, etc
- Develop tailored solutions and cutting-edge methodology for the analysis of data generated in the IRB
- Provide access and manage information from public bioinformatics databases such as dbSNP, 1000 genomes, GWAS
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & SELECTION CRITERIA
Must Have – Required
- Experience: A master's degree in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics or a related discipline
- Knowledge: solid knowledge of statistics. Good knowledge of R programming language
- Skills: Good level of English and communication skills
- Experience: Experience in analysis of biological data
- Knowledge: Other programming languages such as C, Perl and bash
How to apply:
Applications for the above opening should include CV, at least one letter of recommendation and motivation letter and should be sent by e-mail to: email@example.com Reference: CF/16/04
Status: Open Positions
Deadline: Monday, January 30, 2017
Información complementaria de la oferta: