Boletín semanal de ofertas de empleo publico
CIC Energigune is an energy research centre based in the Basque Country of Spain. The mission of CIC Energigune is to play a leading role on the international stage in the field of energy storage technologies and contribute to the industrial competitiveness of Basque Country.
The thermal energy storage group of CIC Energigune is focused on the research of different classes of materials for medium and high temperatures thermal energy storage application. The goal is to identify the most promising materials for a future application in concentrated solar power plants and in industrial waste heat recovery.
We are now inviting applications for a Postdoctoral position in the group of materials development and characterization of Thermal Energy Storage area.
Project description and job functions:
The development of thermal energy storage (TES) systems has become an interesting way to upgrade the concentrated solar power (CSP) technologies. TES systems help to extend the power generation during low irradiance periods or at night allowing the decoupling of the solar radiation and electricity production times. Currently, the TES technologies are mainly based on sensible heat storage in the double tank concept using inorganic salts as storage media. Developing of new salt mixtures and enhancing the thermophysical properties of these inorganic salts can largely improve the thermodynamic cycle efficiency of the TES system and consequently achieving a significant electricity cost reduction. The main role of the selected candidate will be:
• Development of new inorganic salt mixtures with low melting temperatures,
• Development of new inorganic salt mixtures with high decomposition temperatures.
• Improvement of the thermophysical properties of the inorganic salts such as specific heat, latent heat and thermal conductivity, etc.
• Structural characterization of the developed inorganic salts,
• Determination of theirs relevant thermophysical properties: specific heat, thermal diffusivity and conductivity, thermal expansion, viscosity, etc.
• Determination of the thermal evolution of theirs relevant thermophysical properties
• Corrosion study between the new salt mixtures and the materials mainly used in the construction of the storage tanks (Carbon and Stainless steels).
• Collaboration in project proposal writing to obtain funding from institutions and industrial sources.
• Supervise graduate/master students and technicians.
We are offering
• We are offering a 24 months position within interesting Industrial, National, European and International projects in the field of thermal energy storage and important opportunities for professional development.
• CIC Energigune offers a competitive basic salary augmented by important benefits such as special conditions for a private health insurance that compare favourably with the best global private and public institutions.
• The "Fundación" will also help smooth the transition for you and your family, providing a welcome programme that offers accommodation and addresses of other aspects to help you integrate into the local environment.
We are looking for
• Ph.D. in materials science, or related fields
• Expertise in the development, synthesis and characterization of inorganic salts mixtures.
• Experience in experimental work using different characterization techniques such as X-ray diffraction, SEM/TEM, DSC/TGA, IR-FTIR, thermal conductivity, dilatometer, viscometer, porosimetry, densitometer, etc.
• A team player who can collaborate with other groups, technical centres, and industries
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English
Información complementaria de la oferta:
All applicants are invited to submit detailed curriculum vitae and 2 reference letters at www.cicenergigune.com.
The selection process ends once a candidate is selected.
CIC Energigune is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.